THE CONTEST HAS ENDED. THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING!
You can #exploreKU all year long. Be ready, because the contest comes back in the Fall of 2014.
Does your phone have what it takes?
WIN BIG in KU's Social Media Triathlon
Explore campus with Twitter, Instagram, and Vine. Post and tell us why you love being a Jayhawk.
Your friends may think they know what’s best on campus, but you can show ’em up and win some pretty cool prizes — including a KU Athletics sports package, a mini iPad, and lunch with Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little.
Ready? Set… Connect. The Social Media Triathlon runs from Aug. 23 to Sept. 7.
Write a #HawKU (KU for haiku) about your favorite spot on campus. Remember, a haiku is a three-line poem. The first line has five syllables, the second has seven, and the third has five again. Don’t be afraid to get creative.
What you can win (Prize for first leg only)
Win two Beak 'Em Bucks coupon books, worth a total of $50, to buy that KU gear you’ve been eyeing. Koozie optional.
That’s right. You only have to use 140 characters — no term papers allowed. Download the Twitter app for iPhone or Android at twitter.com/download. No 4-page term papers allowed.
We want to see campus through your eyes. Show us something that says, “This is what KU looks like to me.” Use those filters to show your true KU spirit.
What you can win (Prizes for second leg only)
Complete this leg of the triathlon and you can win two SUA Student Saver Cards and a KU on Wheels mystery grab bag from Student Union Activities.
Download the Instagram app for iPhone or Android at instagram.com and experience a Mayfair, Kelvin, or (our favorite) Earlybird view of campus.
Create a quick Instagram or Vine video about KU. Need an idea? Here are some of our favorites:
- Why you chose KU.
- A day in the life.
- Your favorite tradition.
- The best place on campus.
- Or just film as many Jayhawks as you can in the six to 15 seconds allowed.
What you can win (Prizes for third leg only)
Completing the third leg gives you a chance to win KU Fit passes at the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center and two sets of Jaybowl vouchers.
Don't forget! You must post all of these to Twitter with #exploreKU to compete.
Complete all three legs of the Social Media Triathlon for a chance to win one of these grand prizes:
- KU Athletics Package: Includes a student All Sports Combo ticket package for you, a behind-the-scenes tour of Allen Fieldhouse (for you and up to 9 guests), and four tickets to a women's basketball game.
- KU Techie: A mini iPad for your Facebook textbook reading pleasure.
- KU VIP: Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little will invite you and up to three guests to dine in style at a luncheon on the Hill.
- KU Bookworm: A $200 gift certificate to the KU Bookstore (for that list of supplies you just received from Biology 101).
- KU Geeksquad: A $200 gift certificate to the KU Tech Shop for that extra charger or hot new software.